Habits

Habits. They are things that you do every day or on a consistent schedule. Habits are extremely important for everyday life. Without habits we would not be able to do anything. That is why I want to talk about habits. Let’s talk about some easy habits that you can start today or maybe you already do. Making your bed every morning is a great habit. It gives you something to do every morning so even if you did nothing that day you still made your bed and it helps to keep your bedroom clean as well. Another great habit is doing a stretch or simple workout routine every morning. This helps get your blood moving and also helps keep you active. 

In my language arts class our teacher had us plank every day to demonstrate how habits worked. We started out with planking every day for 30 seconds and increased the time by 15 seconds every week until we got to 2 minutes and 45 seconds. Once we got to 2 minutes and 45 seconds we had a challenge of who could hold a plank for the longest. The person who won my class plank challenge held a plank for about 12 minutes. This was a great demonstration of how habits work because when we started planking some people could not even hold a plank for 10 seconds let alone 30 but because we planked every day we eventually were all able to hold a plank for at least 2 minutes and 45 seconds. That is why I think habits are important to everyday life and a great way to achieve a hard to reach goal, all you need is patience. Like some people say practice makes permanent.