Window or Mirror Book Review

Photo from Unsplash

I have recently read A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’engle. But before we get into anything else let us cheer for Madeleine L’engle for writing this amazing book. And yes, cheer out loud. Okay, now to the rest. This book is a window book. So, you might be wondering what I’m talking about when I say window book. Calling a book a window book is a way to compare your life to a book you are reading or have read. A window book is a book that is like looking through a window meaning the book is not similar to your life or life experiences. Another type of comparison is a mirror book. It is a book that is like looking in a mirror . In other words it means the main character’s life or life experiences are similar to yours.  A Wrinkle in Time is a window book for me because it describes the trauma of losing a parent or loved one and the feeling of despair when you realize they are never coming back. It is also a window book because obviously I have never traveled through universes. I also recommend this book for anyone who likes science fiction and realistic fiction. This book meshes the two genres perfectly.